My routine everyday is basically this: wake up at a reasonable time, turn off my alarm, panic wake up at an unreasonably late time, sprint around my room trying to pull myself together, and making it to work a little late. (Sorry to my boss)
These are the products that make my mornings a little bit easier – the ones I constantly reach for when I’m in a hurry (which is always).
- Mario Bedasco Facial Spray – I got this from the new and amazing Anthropologie beauty section and love it! It is a refreshing face spray that wakes me up and leaves my skin smooth and refreshed. I put this on and let it dry before anything else!
- Sephora 10 HR Conceal & Correct – I’ve read mixed reviews on this concealer, which is maybe why it is discontinued (why is this a pattern for me?) but who cares, I like it! It is two-ended; one is a little larger, about the size of a pencil eraser, and the formula is creamy and goes on smoothly. The other end is more like a pencil tip, and I use it for my dark spots and acne scars, so it’s basically the best and I love it forever & always.
- Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner– this has been my go-to since my (not too long ago) Maybelline PR intern days. I am still looking for a longer-wear liquid liner (let me know your suggestions!), but I think it doesn’t get better than this brush tip. I mean, look what my mega girl crush Ruby Rose does with it! Sincerely impressed.
- Kielhs lip balm – if you haven’t tried this yet, do it. Enough said.
- Senna eyebrow palette – This is a little bit pricey, I know, but I have had it for about 2 years now and I’ve barely made a dent in it. I have long since lost the eyebrow stencils it came with, but recommend you sticking with your natural shape instead of picking one of the ‘pre-packaged’ versions. We try to avoid looking like cartoon characters.
- L’Oreal Paris True Match Lumi Liquid Highlighter – this is a newer product that I got to try and absolutely LOVE! Be careful not to use a lot (like, a pea-sized amount is way too much) this stuff is intense!
- Urban Decay Deslick Mattifying Powder – I have super oily skin and no matter what, I get shiny after a few hours. Buy guys! This one actually works and I no longer look like a BP oil spill by 3pm. Again, be careful not to use too much – it may be translucent, but it does seem to finish a little chalky sometimes. NO ghost faces allowed.